By [http://ezinearticles.com/?expert=Ebony_Johnson]Ebony Johnson
The sound of relatives and company chattering and laughing as the aroma of dairy-free spice pumpkin bread tickles your guests' noses and Vince Guaraldi's "A Charlie Brown Christmas" plays in the background, are some of my favorite memories of the holiday festivities and being surrounded by the people who are significant in my life. Food is the centerpiece of family functions and holiday parties, so naturally you want to make sure you put your best "dishes" forward and have a wide assortment of tantalizing treats on display. This vegan spiced pumpkin bread is an easy addition to complement your meat-free or vegan holiday feast. If your celebration menu is already maxed out with your traditional favorites, give your guests a piece of the evening to enjoy once they get home, by wrapping (in a cute and decorative cellophane wrap) these egg-free and dairy-free loaves of sumptuousness and giving them to your friends to take home with them. Who could resist the present of food? Even better, you could share this vegan recipe with your other vegetarian and vegan friends so that they can bake this bread whenever the mood sets in.
1 � cups of all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon all spice
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
� teaspoon ground cloves
� teaspoon baking powder
1 cup of sugar
1/3 cup of brown sugar
� cup of softened vegan margarine
1 cup canned pur�e pumpkin
� cup of plain soy yogurt
1 teaspoon rum extract
2 teaspoons chopped ginger
2 teaspoons grated orange peel
1 cup of raisins
1 � cup of powdered sugar
1 tablespoon of vanilla or plain soy milk
� teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9x5 inch loaf pan with vegetable oil spray. In a large mixing bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, all spice, nutmeg, cloves, and baking powder.
2. In a mixer or food processor, mix the sugar, pumpkin, soy yogurt, rum extract, ginger, and orange peel. Mix until the batter is well-blended and smooth. Slowly pour in the flour mixture, a little bit at a time, until fully blended. Next, add the raisins and pulse for about 1 minute. Pour batter into loaf pan.
3. Bake the bread batter for 60 minute or until the edges pull away slightly from the sides of the pan and the center of the bread springs back when lightly touched.
4. Cool bread for 15 minutes. Once bread has cooled, remove bread from pan and allow to cool completely (about 30 more minutes)
5. While bread is cooling, in a small bowl, add the powdered sugar, soy milk, and vanilla extract and whisk together until smooth. With a spoon, drizzle the glaze over the bread. Let glaze set before serving (about 10 minutes)
This bread can very easily replace a piece of pie or cake as a dessert. The vegan pumpkin spiced bread is also a great sweet appetizer that can be sliced and smothered, with the vanilla glaze, and served on a platter. If you're cooking for a large group, and you need to save time with cooking and food preparation, you can easily prepare the bread ahead of time and freeze the baked bread for as long as 2 weeks and just thaw the bread at room temperature for at least six hours just before serving. What are some of your favorite holiday memories and rel=nofollow [http://vegetarianlikeme.com/vegetarian-video-recipes/vegan-curried-potato-salad-for-your-holiday-dinner/]recipes? Do you have a specialty vegetarian or vegan dish that all your guests rave about each year? Enjoy this recipe and more importantly, enjoy the company of your family members during this holiday season.
Are you a vegetarian like Ebony Johnson? Ebony has been living a meatless lifestyle since the age of 12 and she has created "Vegetarian Like Me," designed to help fellow vegetarians become healthier and more informed. Visit http://www.vegetarianlikeme.com today to receive access to vegetarian and vegan video recipes, cooking tips, vegetarian advice, and news. So what exactly are you waiting for? Become a healthier and more informed vegetarian and start enhancing your meat-free life right now.
Article Source: [http://EzineArticles.com/?Just-In-Time-For-Your-Holidays---Vegan-Friendly-Pumpkin-Spice-Bread-Recipe&id=6669377] Just In Time For Your Holidays - Vegan Friendly Pumpkin Spice Bread Recipe